Tuesday, August 11, 2020

What Jim Bought


My dear husband, remember the man that doesn't cook, bought a microwave egg cooker on Amazon. He bragged that is was cheaper than the one he saw in an ad on TV. We would have it by Friday. Was I sooooo happy?

Let's just say although cooking hard boiled eggs had never been a struggle for me, it was one of those times I said "That sounds wonderful dear!"


Well it came. We tried it out. After reading reviews I was ready for exploding eggs but that didn't happen. It was easy to use. Put some water in the bottom. Place four eggs in the little tray. Put the lid on. Microwave for eight minutes. Let the darn thing cool off about five minutes before you try to open it. I then put the still warm eggs in an ice water bath. Once cooled I peeled them and then made deviled eggs.


Was it better or easier than using the stove top for cooking eggs. Not really. But it is here now and I will use it sometimes.


Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment