Monday, August 3, 2020

A New Baby Afghan Started

In my determined quest to knit only from stash and to use up the supplies sitting for years so that my craft room is not so overwhelming and cluttered I have started knitting a new baby afghan. So far this year I have finished 3 of these and now baby blanket number 4 is underway using a pattern I have made once before. Below is a progress picture from the first one in a lovely green. The pattern is a free Ravelry download named the Pine Forest Blanket. 


I have plans to do 2 new ones in Caron's Simply Soft which I also used on my first blanket made in this pattern. They will be in the fruity named colors of Blackberry and Blueberry. I only have 2 skeins of each color so gauge is important this time because the pattern calls for 600 yards and 2 skeins gives me 630 yards to work with and I am in no mood to play yarn chicken. With that in mind I found that to get the same size as the original I needed to go down to a size 6 needle instead of the size 8 the pattern called for. Doing that needle change gives me a blanket that is exactly 26 inches across as the pattern says. 

Pictures will be posted on another day when I have made more progress and am in the mood to take pictures. In the meantime you can check out the pattern on Ravelry or click on the pin I created from the pattern page and embedded here and then you can see more of what I have pinned. Just a warning I pin food, lots and lots of food.


  


Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment