Wednesday, August 26, 2020

National Dog Day!

Today is National Dog Day! I love dogs but is has been many years since we had one in our house. I am at the point in my life where I don't want to be responsible for keeping anything alive but me so I visit people who have dogs and love theirs. Our last dog was named Patches and I referred to him as a demented mutt. He was mostly friendly and loyal and loved to play. His biggest issue was he loved to run away and it was not fun at all to get him back home before he was done exploring. 

I've dug up some old pictures of him to share with you today.



Like most dogs he always wanted to keep an eye on his world. Hanging out on the porch with me he could do that.


He was always under foot when I was cooking too. I didn't give him scraps but he was hopeful.


Smiling? Maybe but check out the ears. Rarely the same.


Once he moved with us to Arizona he loved having a dog door so he could get out to the backyard whenever he wanted.


My favorite picture of Patches. Like all dogs you spend your day with, he listened.

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment