Thursday, August 20, 2020

Quarantine Baking

Me doing quarantine baking, not really. Yes I stay home as much as possible. Yes I baked bread today. However yeast bread has been something I bake occasionally anyway covid or not. Todays loaf is to go with the soup I made for dinner tonight. I used half whole wheat and half white flours. It is out of the pan and on a cooling rack as I type this. I can't but I will wait to slice into it this evening with dinner. There will be plenty for toast tomorrow morning at breakfast too.


I used a recipe from Jenny Can Cook. Her instructions and videos make understanding everything about a recipe so clear and easy to follow. I became a huge fan of her deep dish pizza dough recipe made in cast iron. It has given me the first ever home cooked pizza that my husband really likes. The cast iron gives a crust that is both crisp and chewy in just the right way.

I wanted a loaf this time but I will be trying some of her no knead recipes as well. I have made those types of breads before and they are favorites around here for dipping in olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a pasta dinner.

So if you want to try your hand at home baked goodness check out

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment