Friday, July 31, 2020

Desert Diaries, A Podcast

I was searching for podcasts on Podcast Addict, the app I use on an Android phone, about Arizona and found Desert Diaries, listened to the first episode, was charmed and subscribed. I really enjoy seeing the state through Sam Walker's eyes. We plan on retiring to a home we own in the Phoenix area next year. Jim, I think, is finally realizing that a retirement life can be a good thing. He has been mulling this whole idea of being a retired person over for a few years and is finally able to see himself as a person without a job and still having a good life. 

For me the main reason I read and listen to podcasts is because I can hear of lives and experiences from other points of view. Sam Walker's podcast Desert Diaries is such a fun way to hear about life in Arizona. She seems to take on the most problematic times of life in a new country with humor and joy in her story telling. She and her family decided to move here from Manchester England. I admit the my American ears love listening to her accent and she learns about a new county and life in the desert with husband, kids and a dog. The episodes are about 10 minutes or less and always leave me with a smile. Just search your favorite podcast app to find something new and fun. Trust me on this one.




Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment