Monday, July 20, 2020

The Kitchen Counter Podcast

I love podcasts. Really. All types of people come right to me with stories, news, information and tips. Some of these during this pandemic keep me informed and save my sanity, some bring the lives of others to me in a way that can leave me in tears or smiling for the rest of the day. I think podcasts are a great way to have a background to your day without have a television on. I can take a walk or do chores or even write a blog post and take a friendly voice along with me. I even have some that are great to fall asleep to.

I use Podcast Addict for my subscriptions and right now I have 81 on my list but not all of them are active. If a podcast ends I don't unsubscribe I just leave it on my list to listen to again if I am in the mood.


Today I want to give a shout out to The Kitchen Counter Podcast hosted by Roger. This podcast has topics and formats including interviews, shows about specific types of cooking and information about tools useful for everyday home cooking. I think I come away from each show having picked up something new and useful to me. 

The purpose of the show is to encourage more home cooking which is an idea I wholeheartedly agree with. I have always thought of fixing food as a way to give a gift to those I am feeding. Although I like eating in restaurants sometimes it is just not the same as bringing people around your table and seeing them enjoy things from your own kitchen. 

If you would like to check out the show you can start with a search on your favorite podcast app. Roger is also available on the KitchenCounterPodcast.com website. You can find links to a private FaceBook group and a twitter account there. Links are there to email Roger or sign up for an email newletter too.



Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment