Thursday, July 30, 2020

Good Time For Cold Brew Iced Coffee

In the summer here in Jackson summer days above 80 are pretty warm. Most homes do not have air conditioning. We rely on open windows at night to bring in cool air since the nights are in the 40's. At the end of a warm afternoon a cold drink is really nice to sit a minute with before starting to prepare dinner.

I recently bought a cold brew kit on Amazon. The setup I got arrived yesterday from Coffee Genie included 2 large mason jars, lids and one filter to hold the coffee. My brother recommends using your coffee grounds twice. The first brew is about 12 hours and the second brew from 24. I put 2 cups of coarsely ground coffee in the filter and filled the jar with tap water. Having this kind of system means I won't run out. 

The coffee that I ordered to try this all out with comes from my favorite coffee roaster, Coffee Bean Direct. I drink decaf and I bought Dark Roast Sumatra. I tried a cup of half coffee and half milk with 2 splendas hot this morning from my first 12 hour cold brew and it was lovely. I am looking forward to an iced version later today.


Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!
Today the links are affiliate but my own purchase was real.


No comments:

Post a Comment