Friday, June 16, 2023

Fresh Start? Not Really

I seems I haven't been here since September. Here now though.

This year so far has been really rough and I won't put all the details here. Starting in February my 88 year old mother began to obviously going down hill. She was hospitalized early in March and then came home to hospice care. Everyone of my siblings did a bit of her care, of course as most families go, some doing more than others. My youngest sister and I were with her when she died on April 10th.

My family was 3 girls and 2 boys. We girls worked well together and the boys were pretty much useless. My sisters and I worked together to plan the funeral, a lunch at her house after and the clearing of her house. I need to remember that there were some very helpful nieces and nephews through all of that. One very special bit of gratitude from me is to my husband who supported us and worked beside us at times every step of the way.

I came home from California 2 days ago to start my life as the oldest woman in my family. To be honest I feel a bit cranky and out of sync in my own home because I haven't been here since the 19th of February. I need to get over that and move forward.

Yesterday I got laundry done. I unpacked and began organizing the mementos I brought with me from Mom's house. I made a grocery list for Jim since he likes to do the shopping. 

Life goes on.

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment