Friday, June 23, 2023

Finally Friday

Not really sure why I might be happy it is Friday. Not tied to jobs or school schedules anymore, weekends don't mean much. However for those of you who spend time looking forward to the weekend I hope it is a great one.

My youngest sister left Mom's house yesterday. She will be the last of us to ever be there. Now the realtor and the trustee of my stepfather's trust take over. They are planning to get the yard cleaned up for curb appeal, paint the inside of the house and get a professional cleaning done including the carpets. After that the house will go on the market. The sale proceeds will be split among the 5 of us, that is Mom's 5 children. 

The house wasn't a childhood home for me and I won't miss going there. It is, however, grandma's house for all the grandkids. I suppose they may all have some feelings about that part of their childhood being gone to other people. I hope whoever buys it has at least half the joy that my nieces, nephews and children had when visiting there.

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment