Monday, March 18, 2019

Perfecting Homemade Pizza

Now I am not claiming I have made the perfect homemade pizza but I found a dough recipe that I think gets me closer. The blog The Simple Dollar is one that I have followed for awhile now. This blog has tips on personal finance and frugal living and I have learned a lot from being a follower. A recent post was Saving Money with Homemade Pizza and Family Movie Night.

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash
This dough recipe was so easy! Basically stir it together and then leave it alone til you want to bake your pizza. Actually it is a bit more than that but the post is filled with tips and information. I used half white and half whole wheat in my dough and winged it on the toppings with jarred pasta sauce, mozzarella and feta cheese, and pepperoni.

I was very happy with my results and plan to keep using this pizza dough recipe. I do need to work on getting the dough more evenly spread out though. I am dreaming up other toppings to use. I like white sauce chicken pizzas so something like that will be in the line up. Jim likes mushrooms on his pizzas so one with lots of those is a must do. Most of all I love pizza for the bread and cheese and the idea of making my own makes me very happy.

I am wondering if investing in some pizza pans might be worth is. I baked this one on a cookie sheet because that is what I have in my kitchen now. I would like to do crusty deep dish pizzas. I have got links to some I am considering below. If I make a purchase I will let you know how they work out right here on the blog.



Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog post! I make my own pizza most of the time, too, but it falls apart, even on a pizza stone (it's never round). Check out this video, though. I made this with toppings I like and it's just like Pizza Hut pizza! https://youtu.be/JESaD6tqXiQ It's from Bon Appetit where she figures out how to make cast iron skillet pizza. The cast iron skillets (Lodge is FANTASTIC) are at Walmart and not that expensive (like $20 for a 12-inch, which makes a nice-sized medium pizza). The crust rises up the sides, which makes the top soft and the bottom is crunchy. Well worth it because now, I cook almost everything in cast iron. It just tastes better. Good luck, and enjoy your pizza! I know I love that stuff. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. I am considering cast iron but I am not sure I want such heavy pans. I had cast iron years ago and gave it away. It does make the best fried chicken too. You have given me "food" for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete