Monday, March 11, 2019

#jeardesus

Christmas gift, Jear Desus tote
Sometime last fall on a knitting blog I saw a video that had me laughing so hard, well lets just say I'm old, ok? The YouTube video was of a young man named Brandon Farris learning how to knit. His struggles with those 2 sticks and learning the basics took me straight back to when I was learning knitting. 

I shared Brandon's You Tube channel with my daughter and she became a fan too. Together we watched this young man knit, crochet, take painting lessons from Bob Ross, bake and generally share his life with a smile on his face and an occasional "Jear Desus" when frustrated. A smile most times except for that one time when he cried looking at televisions in Best Buy.

When I learned knitting and crochet I didn't have the great video tutorials that are all available for free online. I had to learn from books, hopefully ones with not just words but good pictures. Some books were better than others and some I still have after more that 40 years of needlework.

Brandon discovered patterns in books and tried reading patterns to create an afghan with well placed holes in it for his Grandpa.  You will want to see how it went in the video below.



There are lots of ways online to see what Brandon is up to and it all starts with his You Tube Channel and you can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and sign up for a news letter if you are so inclined. Why would you do any of this? You would watch and follow and sign up because Brandon Farris says "You deserve to laugh"

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!






No comments:

Post a Comment