Friday, March 8, 2019

Have you heard this news about Zibbet?

Zibbet has announced that it is doing a major remake of the way their site will work in the handmade, vintage, supply ecommerce world. In Etsy's shadow when they began in 2009 along with the likes of Artfire, Silkfair and so many forgotten others and trying to get a marketplace that was vibrant and functional and filled with busy happy sellers up and running was extremely hard.

In 2010, I think I have the year right, I showed I believed in the site by putting my money where my mouth is and bought a lifetime membership for $100. I helped them when they needed it and through all these years with all the changes they have honored the lifetime promise to me and they still are. At the very least I can share the news of what coming with you.

Now about that news. Zibbet will still be a marketplace with a Stitch website attached to your marketplace shop. The new platform they are building goes beyond those basic places by being able to sync in real time and manage inventory listed on multiple selling channels. Of course the plan is to start with the place most handmade folks like me have a presence and that is of course Etsy. I think the last update I saw said that being able to add the Etsy sales channel along with the Zibbet Marketplace and Stitch sales channels should happen in a couple weeks.

Here is how it is all being explained on the Zibbet Blog.
Keep your inventory in sync automaticallyAs mentioned, keeping track of your inventory across multiple channels is not only time consuming, but also prone to error. Zibbet will keep your stock levels in perfect sync by tracking every sale you make and automatically updating your inventory everywhere you sell.
Make product changes onceYou’ll be able to list a product once and publish it across everywhere you sell, all from Zibbet. If you need to make a change to your listing, such as updating a photo, title, price etc, you can do this all from Zibbet. And, the best part? You only need to do it once and it’s updated everywhere.
Manage orders in one place
When you make a sale on any connected sales channel, the order details are automatically imported into Zibbet. You can manage and fulfill orders from the one place, instead of having them scattered across so many different places. 

Personally I never could handle the details of having listings in multiple places. I am a worrier and was always afraid a one of a kind item would sell from two sites at the same time or that if it sold in one place I would forget to adjust inventory in another place. Having one central place to manage and track all inventory could fix all that.

Other sales channels could be, they say will be, added. I have no idea how big these guys from Australia are dreaming but I would think they may want to add Ebay and Amazon Handmade for a start. For now I am anxiously awaiting the Etsy connection.

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment