Wednesday, November 11, 2020

On the Shore of Jackson Lake

In early October my daughter and her family came for a visit. Like we have done so many times during other visits that day included a drive through Grand Teton National Park. 

We had high hopes for a chance of seeing the famous grizzly mom 399 and the 4 cubs she had this year. She is one awesome mom and if you want to know more about her just google grizzly 399. Photographers, famous and not, have built part of their careers documenting the life of this bear. Her movements are tracked in out local paper. Everyone cheers her each spring when she comes out of her den. All of this just to say we saw the crowd waiting for her lined up for maybe half a mile along both sides of the main park road but we did not see her this time.

We did take a moment to stop at Leeks Marina on Jackson Lake. I will admit that my pictures aren't so great but in my mind I see the glorious gold of fall against the deep green of the pine trees. You just get my sad attempts that give you a glimpse. The first two are of  islands that shelter the marina. The third shot with the lonely sailboat in it looks across the lake to Mount Moran.

If the Jim's retirement schedule goes as currently planned this day may have been the last time I see this lake that I have fallen in love with during our time living here. I will miss anchoring in Sergeant's Bay and spending the night and falling asleep to the sound of water that rocks the boat and the elk bugling in the distance. Good Times.




Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment