Friday, September 3, 2021

Made by Me @ Mom's House

Jim and I have made two trips to my mother's house in recent months. I had kind of forgotten the things she has in her home that I made. The span a few of my hobbies from quilting to crocheting to painting to leatherwork. 

She even has a shawl I knit for her that I don't have a picture of. I made it when she was recovering from some surgery and complained about cold shoulders that made her neck and back ache. I have never seen it in use and the last I knew the shawl is put away in a dresser drawer and she brings it out to show off my skills to visitors. I have told her that is doesn't keep any shoulder warm in a drawer and if it wears out I will make another. Oh well.


A pieced but not quilted dresser scarf. I crocheted the edging on this too.

I painted this in 1997 and it has hung outside her front door since then except for Christmas time when she puts up another holiday decoration.


One of my first jobs after high school was at a Tandy Leather store. I had to learn Western style leather carving and this is one of my learning projects.


This afghan was probably made in the 1980s. I still like the look of the pattern. Maybe I should dig it out of my pattern mess and make another.

From my quilting days. Hand applique and quilting. I think this pattern came from  a Family Circle or Women's Day magazine sometime in the 1980s.

A glue stiffened crocheted box. I still have a lot of those little silk flowers. Should figure out how to put then to good use. They aren't making anything pretty in a plastic bin.


The little hats above and the large one below were some of my favorite makes. When I was doing craft shows in person I sold quite a few of them. I don't make them now because I don't want to go through the hassle of shipping them in a way that keeps the from getting smooshed. That and the country look in decorating has gone out of style I think.


Hey thanks for making it through all my pictures. Hope you are all healthy and of course cozy!

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment