Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Over the Weekend

I was given a couple dozen Reader's Digest books. I have lined the up on a shelf to be my bedtime reading for the next little or probably long while. I keep you informed here about progress and recording it for my own satisfaction.

When I was a kid these were some of the best books I ever read. That was at a time when I was moving from children's books to adult novels and biographies. A kind neighbor subscribed to receive the Reader's Digest volumes and let me borrow them. The first time I read "Roots" by Alex Haley it was the condensed version in one of these volumes. That was years before the miniseries came to television.

Anyway I recently posted about reading "Lake News" by Barbara Delinsky. Over the weekend on Sunday and then on Monday I read the other three books in this volume which is #6 from 1999.

Jeffery Deaver's "The Devil's Teardrop" keep surprising me with plot twists right up until the end. Nicholas Sparks wrote another tearjerker with "A Walk to Remember". The last story was "Thunderhead" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. It was a great story about a mysterious hidden city in the Southwest.

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment