Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Becoming Cool

I am feeling a bit like Barbara Mandrel these days. Do you remember her song I was country when country wasn't cool? I discovered that the new trend in decorating is called granny chic. You know it is in when it makes the morning news shows. I have lived and loved granny chic way before it was chic or I was a granny. That is just the cozy type of person I am.

Kind of reminds me of a day in a craft store years ago getting a pair of knitting needles. The young clerk taking my money said, "I think it is so cute that people still knit." I imagine her a few years later in a knitting group of young women because knitting became cool again.

All I have to say now is long live crocheted afghans and potholders. The frugality and simple pleasure of creating your environment with your own hands should never go out of style.




No comments:

Post a Comment