Friday, April 16, 2021

Basement Drama and Etsy Shopping

Well it's been about a week now and we are still not back to normal. In a way that is okay but this time isn't normal anyway since I am preparing for our move. In case you missed my previous post explaining what happened here is a link.

To say the least the lever of service has been hit and miss. Some of it I just shake my head and tell myself "Whatever." First of all someone was supposed to come by last Saturday to check on the fans and dehumidifiers and he never showed up. When the owner of the business showed up Monday afternoon I told him about that and got an apology which was nice but I didn't like spending my whole day waiting! Another issue was in the laundry room. The washer and dryer were moved to get up the wet carpet that was in there. The guy who did that (who was also the no show on Saturday) trashed to dryer vent hose. I discovered this doing laundry on Sunday when the laundry room got up to 80 degrees with lint floating in the air. That has been fixed with another apology.

A lot of the furniture and bedding from the basement has been whisked away to be sanitized and returned. It was supposed to be returned yesterday or today. One could hope for once they might overachieve and return it on Thursday but oh no here I am again waiting for them to show up with my things on Friday. There is one other puzzler about this service that gave me another head shaking "Whatever." You see not all my carpet was wet with the sewage flood so small tables beside beds farthest from the bathroom did not get wet at all but the were taken to be sanitized. However the waste baskets in the bathroom and the laundry room definitely sat on those floors and were wet on the bottoms have been left behind. I don't get it and don't want to. I just want this to be over. 

Because we are moving the property owner has decided to do the carpet replacement after we have moved out. The basement floors are now bare concrete. We don't really use it except when guests come to visit so I am okay with that. 

Jim is getting excited about being nearly done with his working life. He wants to take some kind of vacation right after we get done with our move to our retirement home. I suppose I should let him get it out of his system. You see he has severe wanderlust and I am a happy homebody. We meet in the middle on when and where to travel and I do enjoy our trips even though I would just as gladly never go anywhere. After that I will be reopening my Etsy shop and that will feel so good!

Speaking of Etsy I found some  great Mother's Day things there today.
Check these out...…

I like the look of banners but I never seem to have one to hang up at the right time or in such a pretty place like this one.


Yes I was vaccinated this year and hope all of you are or will be too!


Finally the card my youngest child would send me if she knew it existed. 


PS for your shopping convenience the pictures are clickable links. 

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment