Thursday, April 8, 2021

An Unpleasant Surprise!

Jim is actually retiring on April 30th. We will be moving then. To have moving day go smoothly I plan to pack as much as possible as early as possible. With that in mind this morning I headed to the basement to clear out a guest bathroom and two guest bedrooms. Entering one of the bedrooms in sock covered feet I felt wet carpet. Looking further it seemed as if the Jack and Jill bathroom toilet had exploded! The tile floor and the small rugs on the floor..... well you can imagine. I am definitely not putting any pictures in this post for your sake and mine. You're welcome. 

There is another drain down there in a utility room and it was backed up too. That sent water into the laundry room too. The plumbers have come and gone. The drains are doing their job now. Since we rent the landlord has a disaster company coming for clean up which starts with getting the basement dry and moving out furniture so that carpeting can be replaced.

I don't know how long the recovery will take. I guess I will change my timeline for getting ready for moving day.

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment