Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Instagram Irritations

A bit of a rant today. 

The story starts with Facebook and why I left it about 2 years ago now. Through no fault of Facebook my feed was out of control. I had family members (extended ones mostly) that drove me nuts with all kinds of political and inspirational crap that was liked, reposted and shared 24/7. You can't just unfollow family so I quit using Facebook. I just wanted to know how everyone was doing and be done with it. 

Along came instagram, used on a phone, you had to take a picture and there was no viral reposting of stupid stuff. I could handle that. So I joined and followed a select group of crafty, vintage and home town business people that I had crossed paths with over the years one way or another. I also added family members so I would know their latest real news.

Well wouldn't you know it, Facebook has found a way to mess Instagram up. My feed is now being interrupted with sponsored and recommended posts and people to follow. I get the ads, the service is free and needs to be monetized somehow but if I have an interest in something or someone else I will search for it myself, thank you very much. Come on Facebook/Instagram quit thinking you know me and what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment