Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Lanmom Originals


Nona says - I love crochet. Well, I love most everything, but I REALLY love crochet. Especially when it gives me the chance to work in unusual mediums with unusual materials. 



Nona of Lanmom Originals does stunning beaded crochet in colors that are soft and lovely or bold and dramatic.


Soft and lovely.


Bold and dramatic.

There are four steps to creating a piece of bead crochet rope jewelry. The first step is design, which includes determining the look of the finished product and breaking that pattern down to a straight sequence of beads. The second step is stringing, where each individual bead is strung on thread in the correct sequence. One mistake here will destroy the pattern, so I take great care! The third step is to crochet each of these tiny beads into a beautiful, strong and light bead rope. The fourth and final step is finishing with joins, findings and/or accent beads to complete a lovely and unique piece of jewelry.

I am in awe of the skill it takes to make these crocheted beaded ropes. If you would like to see more in Nona's Etsy shop you can see her beaded crochet along with handcrafted soaps and more!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I sell - Zibbet
I blog - A Cozy Life
I tumble - CozyAtoZ
I pin - cozyatoz
I socialize - on Google Plus and on Twitter .


 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment