Friday, October 30, 2020

Letting Go

Nearly 20 years ago we had this house built just for us. It was to be my grandmotherly family gathering house. Like most of life this plan didn't last long. After being there 6 years Jim took a job in Arizona. Next came work in Wyoming. During that time this house has sheltered 4 different sets of family, a daughter, a son, a sister in law, and a niece along with their families. We also rented it to a non related tenant for awhile. This was always done with the idea that I would go back to my house someday. 

As Jim nears retirement I have come to realize that I don't really want to spend my time caring for such a large place on three levels. We made a decision to let it go. The new owner is a niece that lives in an extended family way that makes this home perfect for them. I go back and forth about being sad to lose my dream and glad that we are moving on to what I think will be a better living situation for us. I do truly hope that this home will shelter my niece's family for many happy years to come.

It is theirs now. We signed our closing docs yesterday.




Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment