Friday, April 24, 2020

Cranberries to Craisins

I tried something new this week. I have a lot of cranberries in my freezer and I love dried cranberries but not the sugar used on dried fruit most of the time. I found a sugar free way to make them myself so I will now have a supply for putting in my oatmeal or tossing into salads.

I used about 12 oz. of frozen cranberries cut in half. Next they were coated with 2 T. of avocado oil and tossed in 1/2 cup of Splenda. After that they spend a couple hours in a 200 degree oven on a parchment paper lined pan. Keep an eye on them so they turn out like you want. I made a mistake with this first batch. I think it is very time consuming but valuable to make sure all the cut sides of the cranberries are facing up! I didn't do that and those that were facing up and those that had the cut side down dried at different rates. Another problem was that those berries with the cut side down stuck to the parchment paper I lined my sheet pan with. I will know better for next time and there will be a next time.

Ready for the oven!

Craisins after a few hours in a 200 degree oven.


Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment