Friday, June 17, 2011

Featured on a Friday Julie Magers Soulen Photography


Julie Magers Soulen is a photographer I have watched for awhile now. I am a fan on Facebook and follow her blog. You can find her work in a shop on Etsy as well as one on Artfire.

From her bio page on Artfire you get hints of the type of person and photographer she is.

Since I moved to Colorado more than 20 years ago, I have been an avid outdoors enthusiast. In the late 90s we moved to a solar powered off-grid home and I love the independence. I also love being outdoors hiking in the surrounding forest with my two dogs. My love of nature is reflected in my photography. I find nature to be inspiring in all its many forms.

I was thinking about the birds around my house today. For some silly reason I love watching birds. It is something that really started when we lived in Arizona. In fact if you see me online anywhere my avatar is a bird that I took a picture of in my backyard one day. He (I think) was a bold little guy that chirped at me as I sat on the patio.

Back to Julie and why I am featuring her today. Since moving to Wyoming I got to see the beautiful and boldly colored mountain bluebird. Guess who else has seen and photographed them too? Yes, Julie. She has several different prints in her shop and I love them all. What do you think?

If you find these birds as charming as I do you may want to check out her shop (Click here.) for some full sized prints. While you are there look around and she what else she has to offer.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the Friday Feature! It is much appreciated. If anyone is interested in the Mountain Blue Bird photos hurry by. I am discontinuing this series.

    Thanks again,
    Julie
    Julie Magers Soulen Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful little birds! that color blue is stunning!

    cute blog - i'm your newest follower
    cheers!
    cailen
    www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bluebird pictures are beautiful. I've loved watching birds since I was a girl - learning to recognize them by site and song. We have a large variety here in Kentucky and they are fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete