Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hemstitched Headband


I noticed lately that wide headbands have become popular. It was an idea I wanted to see if I could make in my own style. I came up with what you see here and I am pleased with how it turned out. I own a hemstitching machine that I used to make holes on the edge of the fabric. After that I used coordinating crochet thread to put the decorative edge and the ties on. I decided to do ties rather than sew elastic on it to make the size more adaptable for more people. Also even though I own the hemstitcher, a serger and a sewing machine I prefer to do as much creation as I can without machines. This headband is now listed in my shop Cozy.Etsy.com.
I've been going through my fabric stash to find other colors and fabrics that I think would make great headbands. Keep an eye on the shop - there are more of them coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    You have a great blog!! I'd love to be added to your technorati list. Already added you to mine.
    Regards
    SS
    http://sewingsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete