Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Birthday Weekend

We spent part of my birthday in this park in Payson, Arizona. The town was hosting a traveling display of the Viet Nam War Wall. I think somewhere I heard that is was 1/2 size which sounds about right compared to my memory of seeing the real one in Washington. I don't personally know any of the names on the wall because thankfully my relatives that were there came home. However when something this special comes close to me I like to visit and in a way pay my respects.

Many people left gifts just as they do in Washington.

Handmade or store bought the love and longing for a different ending is still there. Just too many lives ended too soon.

I just wish mankind could find another way. It just seems to me that when powerful men fight the little man is the one that bleeds and dies.

So here I am at 53 on my birthday selfishly thankful that Jim made it through 20 years, 3 months and 1 day of Naval service and is still here with me.
He took the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment