Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Worry

Two weeks ago I was at my Mother's house for a week long visit. I left saddened and a bit worried. I was saddened by the anger she showed when watching the news. Understand that Fox is her favorite news station and for me that cable channel could disappear and I would be filled with joy. She would change to other news channels and spend time yelling at the television.

She and I are so very far apart in our views on politics and life in general. She actually said that nice people are weaklings who never win anything. She also believes that my attempts to find something good about everyone I meet is naive and silly. Not responding to her disdain, taunts and criticism is so hard but would be futile so I do my best. I would love to be able to enjoy being with her but that is a very rare thing when we are together.

My worry is about her confused memories. I have a couple things that happened in my life, what they are does not matter. What does matter is that when they happened she was not with me. She is now telling my stories as if she was there and a part of these events when they occurred. She has internalized my moments as her own and who knows how much else in her mind is false and taken from others.

It was another short night. I talked a bit about that yesterday. I'll need a nap today I am sure. Besides that I will be retweeting those who have shown me some attention on Twitter. I also hope to get some pictures taken for new listings. If I manage that I should be blogging about those new listings tomorrow. We'll see.

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment