Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Mac and Cheese for Dinner

I am admittedly not and never will be what I call a good cook. I try to get something edible and somewhat healthy on the table for dinner each night. Some of those nights go better than others. Sometimes I get a "This is good." from Jim and I did that last night.

Dinner was a simple meal of baked mac and cheese and broccoli. I used whole grain pasta, made a white sauce with cheddar, jack, Parmesan and cotija cheese in it. I was using up little bits of each of those cheeses from the fridge. I also sauteed a chopped bell pepper and onion and put them on as a topping before putting the casserole in the oven to bake.


I would also like to point out I am not a food blogger or a food photographer either. I must say however that last night I got lucky and my sauce was creamy and the topping added just a bit extra flavor to keep this dish from being boring.

What did you have last night?

Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment