Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Reflections on Jackson Lake

In organizing my photos recently I keep coming across images that bring back so many memories. I plan to blog about lots more of them here mostly to create a record for myself but you (any readers) are welcome to come along.

I took this picture on our last day on the lake last summer. It was such a lovely day without wind so the water was like a mirror. The mountain straight ahead it Mt Moran which is just to the north of Grand Teton. At the base of Mt Moran is a small bay that is peaceful and stunning.That is true especially in the fall when the slopes are blazing with gold, orange and red.

That day it was just Jim and I taking the boat out one last time before taking it from the buoy we kept it on and hauling it home to be stored for the winter. It was a day of gratitude for the weather and for Jim's great recovery from his heart attack. Jackson Lake is a place very dear to me and if you ever get a chance to explore it do so and I think you will find yourself falling in love like I did.

Jackson Lake, Grand Teton National Park 2017
Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment