Monday, March 5, 2018

 Once long ago I made a ladder yarn shawl. It was the first time I had ever made this pattern and it turned out big, very big. It would be the perfect size for and 8 foot tall person. So over time I found other things to do with it. It has, at one time or another, been a mantle scarf at a fireplace, a dining room curtain and currently it is a second layer over a shower curtain in a guest bath. If you click to enlarge the picture you can see that is has lots of pretty colors in it including a soft yellow along with pinks and orange and a frosty aqua.

Not wanting a pink bathroom or orange or aqua the aforementioned yellow led me to a search for yellow bath rugs. I already have some yellow towels so the search was on to complete the look in my head. I had no luck finding anything I liked. Being in need of more projects to get done or put off like I always do I decided to dig up my old puff stitch rug pattern. The problem? I couldn't find the pattern but I had made it before. So after buying some lemon yellow Red Heart yarn cause that stuff wears like iron and playing with a couple hook sizes and beginning a couple times and frogging I was on my way. I came up with a long rug to go in front of the sink and a hexagon to step onto getting out of the tub.

Next for this bathroom? I want some decor for the walls and I have some crafty ideas in mind. If I get them made I'll post here later.



Back with more again soon. Take care and stay cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment