Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Russians by Hedrick Smith

I have always intended to keep track or make note of the books I read here. Today's book was one I finished before the end of last year. I read a lot of older books since many of the books I read come from and go back to thrift shops.

The Russians by Hedrick Smith is not a novel but a study of the Russian people, their culture and their government. It was first published in 1976, so much has happened since then, but I enjoyed the look back at the country that was. Mr. Smith's observations of daily life in a county that I will probably never visit helped create an understanding that feels very much as if I had.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 I sell - Zibbet
I blog - A Cozy Life and Group2020
I tumble - CozyAtoZ
I pin - cozyatoz
I socialize - on Google Plus and on Twitter .



 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment