Monday, February 23, 2015

Blue Lion to Bubbas

My hometown has lots of restaurants and for a town of about 10,000 I mean a lot! Through the summer this little place is bustling with visitors from all over the world. Winter is busy too but not at the same level as in the summer season. All those folks need to be fed, so lots of restaurants. Over the weekend we went and had great dinners at two of them.

Friday night with a group of 8 including us we went to the Blue Lion. This was new for me but Jim had been to some business lunches there. Most diners, I hear come to this place for the lamb and 5 of our group had that dish and loved it. I had scallops in a spicy sauce and it was a great combination. All the dishes came with a side of rice or potato but no other vegetable. That is a major gripe I have with a lot of restaurants, not just Blue Lion. Service was efficient and the conversation flowed. A great time!

Sunday evening we had dinner at a place a bit more humble but still very good at what they offer, Bubbas Bar-B-Que. I was craving a nice big salad and with the biggest salad bar in town that I know of I got exactly what I wanted. Service was quick and friendly. We had a great time talking to tourists from Texas who seemed to be enjoying their time in Jackson.

Tonight I will be cooking as usual, don't know what yet but I will figure something out later.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I sell - Zibbet
I blog - A Cozy Life and Group2020
I tumble - CozyAtoZ
I pin - cozyatoz
I socialize - on Google Plus and on Twitter .


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment