Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Strange and Lovely Place

If you look at the header of my blog it says I blog about whatever crosses my mind. This morning while browsing my pictures that Google so kindly keeps for me I ran across some from Labor Day weekend last year. We spent time that weekend in Bozeman, Enis and Virginia City.

At one point we pulled off the road to get some pictures of the Madison Valley because the day and the scene were just so pretty.


What we found at our pullout spot on the road was a surprise. We found the stone marking the burial spot for Anna Reels. There were no others buried in this place that we could find. Nowhere could we find any markings that said we were in a cemetery. This pullout in fact had a sign from the Forest Service explaining the view.


Being in such a spot, overlooking her town, her valley, her mountains how could she not rest in peace? Leaving the flowers someone put there in place we brushed off some of the dirt covering her stone. I thanked Anna for sharing this place and scene with us for a few moments and we continued on our way.





~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I sell - Zibbet
I blog - A Cozy Life
I tumble - CozyAtoZ
I pin - cozyatoz
I socialize - on Google Plus and on Twitter .



 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 comments:

  1. This past week I stopped at the Madison Valley Scenic Overlook. I found Anna graver marker also. I have search to see if I could find anything about her with no luck. I am sure she is resting in peace there it is a beautiful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerilyn I searched too with no luck. I agree about the beauty of her resting place. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete