Monday, September 22, 2014

A Jackson Lake Weekend

This was a weekend of firsts for me. I drove a pickup with a trailer. I drove a boat. I drove a pickup with a trailer with a boat on it. We spent the night on the boat for the first time as well. It did not take much expertise on my part since I only drove the truck straight up the boat ramp. The boat driving was big giant circles in the middle of a wide open lake. I did try out reverserse on the boat. There was no docking or putting the boat on the trailer for me, those tasks are still Jim's job.

Our first and last stop on the Jackson Lake was Moran Bay using the Signal Mountain boat ramp for getting in and out of the water. It is a beautiful spot at the base of Mount Moran.


All around the lake you could see the gold of the coming fall. That is Mount Moran in the center. The gold hillside on the right is at the back end of the bay.

We had dinner, spent the night and had breakfast in Sergeant's Bay. Jim grilled steak and mushrooms for dinner. As the sun went down the stars came out and we could hear elk calling all around us. If you have never heard that sound google it. We were the only ones in that spot as the day ended. The reflections on the water were so breathtaking.

While waiting for those stars a couple of games of Phase 10 were played and we each won one of them.



Morning started with coffee of course and breakfast. As we were leaving Sergeant's Bay a couple deer came down to a grassy spot on the shoreline to have a morning meal too.

One more leisurely cruise around the lake where I drove the boat for awhile in big circles. We took in all the beauty of gold and green, blue water and gray stony mountains.

Saying goodbye to those mountains and the lake we got the boat all buttoned up for the ride home.

So those were my memories for this Monday. Do you have any memories to share?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I sell - Zibbet
I blog - A Cozy Life and Group2020
I pin - cozyatoz
I socialize - on Google Plus and on Twitter .

Til next time-


 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment