Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Saddles to Sushi

I went to the local library book sale last Friday. I picked up about a dozen books to share between Cindy and me. One of the first I finished reading was Saddles to Sushi. I liked some of the stories so much that I read them out loud to anyone I could get to stand still over the weekend. I may have been a bit of a pest.

The book is a collections of newspaper columns written by Mike Bressler in the character of Clyde Thornhill. Poor Clyde is surrounded by cowboys, granola and big money. He is a simple man who just wants a beer and a date.

Saddles to Sushi (A Wickedly Funny Redneck Satire of Today's Jackson Hole)Saddles to Sushi by Michael Bressler a.k.a. Clyde Thornhill

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Loved this book. It helped me see my new home town in a new way. For those who know me from Utah this is a bit like Robert Kirby for Jackson Hole. The author pokes fun at everybody including himself.



View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment