Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Need the Ocean

I don't think this is the favorite time of year in the Phoenix area for anyone. We spend the months of July and August as well as parts of May, June, September and October trapped in our air conditioned spaces in homes, buildings and vehicles. I would be willing to bet it is not that way if you live in Outer Banks homes, Maine homes, Oregon or Washington homes. Or how about a San Francisco home? Didn't some one once say the coldest summer they ever spent was in San Francisco? I keep thinking it was Mark Twain but I am not sure. I guess I better go look it up. Cooler and closer to an ocean just sounds so nice right now!

Edit: I looked it up and Twain did not say that about summer in San Francisco although it has been attributed to him. The source is unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment