Saturday, May 1, 2010

Shop Local?

I tried to shop local when we were in Lancaster County, PA last week. I knew that spring was a beautiful time there and the blossoms on the trees did not disappoint however many of the gift shops did.

The signs outside so many of the shops would imply locally made gifts. I wanted in my own small way to support the work of local artisans. On going inside it all changed and everything from rugs to birdhouses came from somewhere else. I have nothing against a global marketplace but there are places that specialize in that kind of shopping and when I want an international shopping experience that is where I will go.

Along with the quilt I mentioned yesterday we got a couple prints from local artists that I need to get frames for. These are things I will see every day to remind me of the time and place.


No comments:

Post a Comment