Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Being More or Not

Some days I day dream about being a very successful blogger. For the most part I am happy with my disconnected ramblings but every once in awhile I think about what it might be like to be one of the very popular blogs.

I would like to have the wit of Dooce come through these fingers. I would love to be as useful as Tip Junkie and even more I would be proud to be as amusing as Cake Wrecks.

With audiences like those sites have maybe I would have to deal with a lot of new details in my daily life. I might have to think about getting a personal assistant. If Heather can call hers Tyrant I think mine should be the Dictator. It is what I need. That and maybe , a personal driver, invitations to fabulous events and a book deal.

Then again maybe a page rank of 3 and the followers I have are just right. I like looking at you guys over there in the sidebar. Say hello more often, ok?

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I don't have a successful blog either, but I think I just don't have anything groundbreaking to say daily. I like to follow the "lower ranking" blogs, the ones that show a little insight into the thinking of the blog owner, most big blogs deal with merchandise, trends, often empty bubbles anyway.
    Just carry on and keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I follow lots of blogs both big and small. My Google Reader list is well over 1000. Thank goodness not all of them write every day or I could never keep up. I like having a little peek into how people think, feel, and get through their days.

    ReplyDelete