Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New Look

I got my new monitor yesterday. It is amazing how good things look when you are seeing an image without a yellow haze over it most of the time. To celebrate my new colorful online world I made a new banner for my blogs and artfire shop.


The picture above was taken in Portland Oregon on a vacation there. I have forgotten the name of the house. It was once owned by the newspaper owner there and has been lovingly restored. Even in the days when it was built the home owners must have had beautiful views of the city as you can see below.


For my new banners I used one of the interior rooms in this house. I was born about 100 years too late to live in a place like this. I will admit that the odds are I would most likely have worked there rather than lived there. Oh well. Can't fix either one of those things.

Do you think you would have liked to live in another era?

5 comments:

  1. Your new banner is great! very cozy! ;)
    I used to think I'd like to live in another time. But I'm happy with now. I used to think the American pioneer life would be so fun. But that was long ago....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the first things I said to me when I came to your blog was that I love your banner!

    My spirit feels that I must have lived a past life in the early American pioneer times somewhere where there was large land, as far as the eye could see. Mountains, rivers, indian friends... Maybe its my love of being in the middle of huge woods, with a river, the love of collecting stones from rivers, the ache for a true/hearty change of seasons, living simply...oh how I could go on and on... LOL

    Have you ever seen the movie "The Last of the Dogmen"? Or, "The Last of the Mohicans"?

    Or the series that starts w/"Love Come Softly"?

    Little House On The Prairie?

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of what we see every day here in the northeast.

    Wish we were building more buildings like this these days than the square glass unlovable boxes we build today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do ask my permission prior to posting photos of my home. I really would like to have the help clean the windows a bit more first. Thank you.

    :P

    ok...I'm awake now.

    ReplyDelete