Wednesday, August 12, 2009

That Time

It is that time of year when it is time to start over. That is if you are connected to the education system. The beginnings of a new school year with all its new challenges. I looked forward to this time for many years as a parent and a paraeducator. I ran the computer lab in an elementary school before I moved down to Arizona three years ago. This time of year was a busy one. Whe my kids were young it meant shopping for clothes, supplies and all those little things that make being a good student easier. For me it meant a very busy time of registering students, building data bases for student work, scheduling with teachers. I would have loved to have a bag as pretty as this one when I was working through those years. I almost always brought my lunch. I also carried a small project of knitting or crocheting or maybe a book to read. Lunch time although short was all mine. I closed the door and had most days 15 to no more than 30 minutes to myself to recharge. I found this lovely bag in the shop momo trees.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous bag!! Yep it's that time of year when we slow down as drivers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right. Remember to watch for the kids before and after school. Pay attention to those school zones so every one stays safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bag! I'm kinda sad not to be getting ready to go back to school this fall. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful bag! School here starts after Labor Day so we get a few more weeks of summer yet but it's coming quickly!

    ReplyDelete