Saturday, August 1, 2009

Staying Crafty

I saw this idea somewhere online. I think on a blog. These bowls are made from catalogs. Each page is folded into strips and they are coiled to make the bowls. If you posted it feel free to leave a link in the comments here because I am having trouble finding the post again.

Kaycee had fun with this and made two bowls, one small and one large. I think we will give them a coat of sealer so they are more protected and longer lasting. Pretty neat project out of something that would have gone in the trash.

The bowls have a close up shot in this post.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Those turned out really well, and I love that this project used recycled materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. I've seen picture frames and mirrors made that way. I work at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago, and our gift shop there carries several products made in this way.




    I found your blog by browsing Lauren Alexander's followers.
    She's generously donated one of her prints for a Giveaway on my blog. When you have a moment, come check it out on my blog here:
    http://dish-dish-dish.blogspot.com/

    Have a lovely week,
    Kara Witham

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen bowls and trash can and containers of all sorts made out of recycled magazines. Kaycee's bowls are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this project!! Seems like a lot of fun :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Find all your favorite and new items here
    Follow the shop here link and search the market for deals

    Keyword beading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute and a fun rainy day activity!

    ReplyDelete