Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Art In My House

Today I am continuing to show you the handmade things I have around me everyday. The 2 pieces today are watercolors and hang in my bedroom.

The pictures to the right shows a forest scene that I bought for my husband one Father's Day. I loved the colors and beauty of the trees and he did too. Unfortunately I do not know the name of the artist and the piece is not signed. I bought it at a Quilted Bear store in Murray, Utah.





The painting on the left is one I have had since my high school days. We had a family friend named Claude Lepine who painted. Our families would get together sometimes and during one of those visits he told each of us we could chose one of his paintings to take home. This was my choice that day. I like the shades of spring greens mixed with the brown of the cattails. It looks to me as if a slight breeze is just barely bending the tops of the tall grasses.



Do you have handmade things surrounding you in your life? If you have posted about them leave a link to your post in the comments for others to see.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment