Monday, July 20, 2009

Thinking of the Moon

Print available from the shop of Carly Laundry on ArtFire.

Forty years ago today men landed and walked on the moon. This was the summer before my freshman year in highschool. All the men who ever walked on the moon had done so before I graduated four years later. It seems so very long ago. At that time I probably imagined that we would have done so much more on the moon than we have.

Where was I that day? Probably sitting in front of a black and white tv watching Walter Cronkite tell us all about it. Where were you?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. I was nearly 11 months old so obviously don't remember it but I find it so fascinating nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't born yet! But I remember my parents telling me how they both watched it on TV. I love anything to do with outer space so I would have loved to have been able to see it for myself when it happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I remember as a kid sitting watching a b&w tv of the moon landing. Not a car was out on the street, as everyone was home watching it!

    ReplyDelete