Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So Handy!

My first crocheting lessons were from my mother making rag rugs. It is something I still enjoy doing and I have been saving up fabrics, old worn clothes, sheets and tablecloths to make some new ones. Some of them may show up in my shops someday and some of them will be just for me.

What I never really thought of doing was using the strips to make other things. The variety is endless. On Etsy I have seen rugs of course as well as bowls and bags. The simple little project I wish I had thought of is potholders. Some of the nicest ones I have seen are in the shop Sally Rags.She has some great colors and a hanging loop to keep it handy. Her crocheting is thick enough that these could do double duty as a pad for hot dishes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment