Friday, September 5, 2008

Sharing a Favorite

I decided today that I have been remiss in sharing and showing off some of the fabulous things that can be found on Etsy.

The pin you see here today is from the shop Niven Glass Originals of Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Her specialty is fused glass jewelry. Her work in the shop includes birds, flowers, bows, divas and of course this hat which I marked as a favorite some time ago meaning to blog about it. Someone should own this beautiful piece, maybe you?

In the artist's own words-
My background is in Graphic Design and Illustration. Six years ago, I took a stained glass course that completely changed the direction of my work. Since then I’ve replaced my paint brush with a glass cutter. I now work full time as a glass artist, focusing primarily on the endless possibilities of fused glass.

I design and handcraft each piece of my glass art. The individual pieces are cut, layered and kiln fused at approximately 1400 degrees F. Most pieces are fired twice to ensure a high polish with smooth even edges. The larger foldover pieces require a third firing. The same amount of care goes into each design and every piece of wearable art jewelry is unique.
What are you waiting for? Go look!

1 comment:

  1. her diva brooches are so cute - nice selections of ladies!

    ReplyDelete