Friday, April 20, 2007

Scarf Guy

Scarf Guy was among the earliest sellers on Etsy. I admire his craft for the classic designs and beautiful fibers her uses to create them. Take a look at some of the newest items in his shop-




In his own words from his Etsy profile-

I've been weaving for about 18 years. It started as relaxing hobby that would take me away from the high-tech high-stress world of computers and networks. Weaving has since become a passion. I retired in 2004 from the high-tech world to pursue handweaving full-time. There is nothing more fulfilling than to create something of beauty, something tangible, with your own hands. I use the finest natural fibers: merino wool, cashmere, silk, qiviut (muskox), camel, and yak. I take no short cuts in my work, every piece is individually hand threaded, handwoven, and hand hemstitched

Make sure and scroll down and to check the archives for the latest from the shops of other Etsians I have blogged. Look for their shop names as titles.

1 comment: